Nothing is more annoying than getting stuck inside or outside the house waiting for the garage door to respond. You might wish at that time that you have a magic stick that would help you to open your garage door. With the passage of time, automatic garage doors tend to start creating inconvenient situations. It is obvious, your garage door needs regular maintenance services if you expect them to function properly in a long run. Click here to get more details about garage door maintenance services.
Garage door repair may not be a final solution:
Most garage door problems are normally small and can be fixed easily using handy tools. When your garage door does not open with remote control, don’t jump to the conclusion that it needs detailed garage door repair service by a professional at once. The malfunctioning may be simple and easy to resolve without the help of experts. Try out mentioned simple tips first to see if they work. There are some of the common reasons why your garage door does not respond.
- Check the remote control: Examine the remote to make sure that it is working. Often the problems get sorted out when you check the batteries of the remote. If you are able to operate the garage door manually but not with the remote, then you can understand where the problem is. Change the batteries of the remote.
- Power cables are not plugged in: It is a very common problem. If you are not able to open or close your garage door, first of all, check if the motor of the garage door is powered on and plugged in properly. If they are, try plugging it into a different outlet or power socket. It is possible that they are not getting enough power in the original outlet.
- Blocked or misaligned safety sensors: Automatic garage doors use safety sensors that have photodetectors that need a clear line of sight to work. These sensors are used to detect any obstruction in the way of closing the garage door. The rule is similar to how an elevator door works. If the connection of sensors is disrupted, your garage door will not open or close smoothly. Make sure that there is nothing on the photo eyes of sensors while blocking their line of sight. Sometimes, the lens of sensors gets murky or dirty. As a part of regular garage door maintenance, clean the lens with a damp cloth periodically. In addition, sensors should be aligned to each other.
- Torsion problem of garage door: Garage door torsion springs are used to counterbalance the weight of the garage door during the opening and closing process. There is a high chance that these springs are not functioning properly or get broken. If they are, don’t attempt to open the garage door manually. It is good to contact a garage door specialist. You cannot buy the springs over the counter. In addition, it is a complicated and dangerous task so; I do not recommend trying to replace it on your own. This work needs special expertise to make sure that your garage door is safe to use.
- Cable problems of garage door: If metal cables that support the garage door are broken, they need to be replaced immediately. These cables can snap anytime which can be dangerous. It is extremely risky to have weak or frayed cables on the garage door. Weak cables can snap anytime which can hurt anyone around it at that time.
It is good to check these points before you call a professional garage door company offering valuable services. If none of the above solves the issue then it is time to call a reliable technician to do the project. Do not attempt to conduct garage door projects on your own because it may only lead to serious damages and unnecessary expenses.