It is important to get an efficient garage door installed at your house. This is why when you invest a huge amount in something you must keep it protected from prying eyes. Overhead garage door installation is quite simple; you just need to assemble a lot of parts in the right manner. If you don’t have any mechanical skills, there are several professional garage door companies including Jacksonville, Florida garage door installation service that help you in the garage door installation project.
There are multiple steps involved in the garage door installation process and every step must be conducted correctly and safely or else you might experience issues in the operations of the garage door. The garage door system consists of many hardware and stress parts such as screws, bolts, nuts, cables, springs, and mounting brackets which should be taken care of. By performing DIY garage door installation, you can save a lot of money. But you must go for it only if you are a handyman and knows the ins and outs of garage door, or else it is suggested to hire a professional garage door installer to handle it. Following steps should be followed for installing an overhead automatic garage door.
- First of all, read the instruction manual properly and make sure that you have understood each and every component of garage door to conduct a garage door installation work.
- In the next step, you will have to remove the existing garage door (if you have one). It is hard and dangerous process which should be carried out cautiously, preferably with the help of handyman. Make sure that you don’t mess with the wires and hardware that lead to broken springs.
- If you have any issue with the old frame of garage door. For example, if the frame has been rotten or damaged then fix it. Keep in mind that a solid frame can lead to new garage door installation in a right way.
- It is hard and challenging to buy a new garage door that will actually match the exterior of your house and contour of existing frame. Try to balance the edges as much as possible. It is extremely important in the case of wooden garage door.
- Brackets of springs must be carefully connected to the spring system so that they are able to hold the pressure. If springs and their brackets are adjusted properly, there might be a risk of any accident in the near future.
- The garage door tracks should be aligned perfectly so that the risk of falling garage door and hurting someone around the garage door is reduced. Garage door panels and tracks are balanced properly to ensure the smooth operations of garage door.
- Make sure that torsion springs are installed and adjusted perfectly. To test the adjustment, you should open the garage door to its half way. Remember, garage door springs are dangerous components to handle so it is good to leave this task to professional garage door experts.
Thus, you notice that installing an overhead garage door can be easy if you follow each step cautiously. It is strongly recommended that hire a professional garage door installer for your new garage door.